My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a known issue with the deck mounting design on these mowers? My dad has one of these mowers. He loves it - but the deck "falls off" often. There is a long solid bar that supports the deck and appears to be the center point for leveling. It is held in place with a "hanger" attacheched to the body/frame. If looks like it is made to "fall off" if the deck gets bumped too hard against trees, landscaping timbers etc..

I am not suggesting dad hasn't bumper into stuff trying to cut too close. But lately it falls out of place 10 minutes into every mowing session - and it only takes minutes to put it back in place.

It seems to me that the spacer and mounting bracket needs to be 3/8 to 1/2 inch thicker. I've looked and do not see any bent linkage or losse and missing parts.

Thanks in advance,

·
Administrator
6,224 Posts
Welcome to the forum Texvet!

Sounds like there has gotta be a pin, locking bar or some sort of a retainer missing to keep it from jumping out of the bracket. Using the actual model number you can download owners manuals and parts lists including exploded views from the link below:

Simplicity User Manuals and Instructions

I pulled up random manuals for a ZT2652. Do they look anything like what you are seeing on your mower?

http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=fmnoxIS.RFzXFix2

http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=lgiruKU.SFzXFix2

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mark - it is the ZT2652 model. I am going out tomorrow and give the deck hangers and linkage another look. I agree something is out of whack. It's a faily simple set-up. My thought (short of finding something unhooked) was to order a spacer, and double it on the left side of the "weldment deck lift" bar. That would give an additional .25 of slop, before it drops off. I will post what I find.

Thanks for your response,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts