My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a brand new ZT HD 48. Mower was great, for about 55 minutes. Then, it wouldn't move.
Mower had thrown and somewhat shredded the Hydro belt. The tensioner pulley spring was off on one end. Belt looks to be hard to get to. I am calling the dealer out on Monday to fix it.

What could have caused this? Is this common with these machines? I already have one Prima Donna lawn mower, don't need another.

Thanks.

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
Maybe you were lucky enough to have a twig tossed into just the right spot on it's maiden voyage. ;)

My guess would be that tension spring might have had connection issues right from the factory. It will be interesting to see if the dealer thinks anything needs replaced or if it was just a fluke.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everything turned out ok. A hose clamp was incorrectly installed at the factory. This hose clamp was being rubbed by the Hydro belt, which caused the belt failure. The dealer is sending a letter to Gravely with a description of this defect. Much thanks to Central Tractor in Dade City, Fl for their great service and for resolving this problem.

Just finished up the lawn and it mowed like a champ. Of course I didn't have an audience of neighbors this go around.:rolleyes:

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
.... Of course I didn't have an audience of neighbors this go around.:rolleyes:
;) That right there is probably what brought on the problem in the first place. If you were alone nothing would have went wrong. :D

I looked up your model number. That is one nice looking machine! Glad to hear it was nothing serious. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts