My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Gravely ZT 50 stamped deck purchased in 2012 with a serial number higher than 10,000. A mulching kit was purchased for me model number 71507300. On several websites it says that it is not compatible with mine and only for serial numbers below 10,000. The decks appear to be very similar but wondering if anyone had any experience with this kit or if any of it can be used because I cannot return it. Help or direction is appreciated....

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
Welcome to the forum crawford24! :howdy:

I don't have any personal experience with that model and kit. But one thing you would want to check out is that the blades do not strike the baffles. But I suppose it could be something as simple as the need to drill some holes to mount it where on the newer decks the holes are pre-drilled.

With the mulch kit on my Deere I have to becareful what blades I use with it. (I use the blades that come with the kit.) Other blades such as the OE medium lift blade that come on the tractor new will hit the right side baffle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. That's what I'm hoping for. I've been trying to find some images of the decks to compare but haven't had any luck yet. Sent gravely a email but I'm sure they are off for the holidays.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts