My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

So, I'm new to riding lawnmowers, but have an automotive background.

I bought a used Zero Turn z645 mower. It has a powerflow feeder that goes into a Protero bagging system.

I feel like the powerflow is constantly getting plugged. I am continually having to stop and unplug it. The belt seems loose to me, but I don't know how tight they are supposed to be. And the adjustment on it isn't very good. I feel like I've done all I can and it's still loose.

I ready lost a belt. I was mowing and next thing I knew there was smoke from the belt sipping and it snapped. I'm tempted to buy a mulching kit, but I'd like for this bagger to work.

One question about the bag. The protero is a plastic "bag" and it seems decently sealed. If I'm pumping all this air into it, with no way out, how does it flow? It doesn't make total sense to me.

I've got parts off in this picture, but you can see the setup.

·
Registered
Ariens zoom 42 model 915159
11 Posts
I'm still trying to figure out how to better tension that belt...
I'm not familiar with that set up but this is where I would start. I would remove the belt and make sure the blower turns freely and smooth. Do that with all the idlers pulleys. You could have one starting to seize up. From the picture I can't tell if the pulley at the end of the spring loaded arm is a flat or a grooved pulley. If it's flat then the back of the belt should ride on it. The pressure build up, on my Ariens bagger the air exits on the opposite end (side) from the hose inlet. Open it up and look around with a light and maybe you can figure it out. In the picture on the hose inlet side I see a circle in or on the cover, could that be a screen? You could run the blower with the hose off or the bagger dump open (I think it opens to empty?) so it would rule out or not the back pressure potential problem. As for adjustment guessing from the picture it looks to be something on the spring loaded arm, can it be lengthened to move the idler or is there any other holes to bolt the idler on the arm? I don't remember if you said you had a new belt. If yes are you sure it's the proper length. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts