My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has any one ever converted a honda hra 214 mower from a roto-stop blade to a direct drive blade and if you did what do i need to convert it over to a direct drive i hate the roto -stop system on those mowers love these mowers but hate the roto stop ...:help:
thanks,john

·
Registered
459 Posts
has any one ever converted a honda hra 214 mower from a roto-stop blade to a direct drive blade and if you did what do i need to convert it over to a direct drive i hate the roto -stop system on those mowers love these mowers but hate the roto stop ...:help:
thanks,john
The HRA-214 was never made in a flywheel-brake (direct drive) style; all versions had Roto-Stop. There are no approved parts to convert the blade stopping design. As this is a safety system on the mower, seems like a risky thing to attempt.

Might want to sell the 214 for parts and look for a clean used Honda with a more reliable roto-stop or one with a direct-drive (flywheel brake) design. A lot of people here report picking up a used mower for super-cheap, and making 1-2 repairs to get it running again. A lot of 'em just have dirty carburetors or broken/missing belts. Usually simple/easy to repair.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks robert, i didn't know if honda ever made a kit to change over the roto-stop the mower runs great i just don't like the roto-stop part of the mower some brands just have a blade holder bloted to the end of the crankshaft plus it has a lot less weight on the end of the crankshaft to turn.
Thanks again,john

1 - 3 of 3 Posts