My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a bagger for my newly purchased YT42LS and my first riding mower. I am trying to decide between a two or three bag system. I am also trying to figure out if this three bag Model H346SG; Fits 46" GT tractors. - 960 73 00-06 will fit my 42 inch mower. I saw a question on Amazon where someone said it would. It retails for $390 where the two bag model retails for $335. Is it worth the extra money assuming the three bagger will fit?

Thanks from a "bagger" newbie.

Tom

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
You state one is 46" other is 42". The deck discharge size IS most likely different. The tractor is made by AYP corp which makes Craftsman as well as Poulan and other makes. You might be able to get the discharge piping to adapt the 46" bagger system to your 42" if it is different. The extra bag would make for more passes before emptying.

·
Registered
8 Posts
.25-.50 acre. 2 bag 6 bushel. 3 bag 9 bushel.
I mow a little more than that and have a 2 bagger. If I mow every week I'll empty them about twice per mowing. The event where I would like more capacity is in the fall. When the leaves are really falling I'll empty mine about 8 time per session.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts