My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mower has aprox. 100 hours on it, Mulched up my leaves last Oct. and blew it off with air and put it in the garage. Moved the mower out today and changed oil and filter and greased and filled with gas. Charged battery and engine runs fine--but when I try to drive it it will hardly move in Forward and not at all on an incline, reverse seems to be OK. At times when trying to drive around the yard it will move but not very fast and any incline no matter how slight it starts to whine and stops and I can backup fine. No grease leaks anywhere. I have tried to disengage the transmission with the small rod by the rear tire and roll it and the engage it again but still the same results. Any help will be appreciated. Model 917.28836 22 HP 46" cut

JAS

·
Registered
128 Posts
Remove the deck from the tractor. Get under it and examine the belt and all the idlers. Work the clutch pedal and watch to see if the spring is returning the idler mechanism enough to get tension on the belt.
A few years ago I was mowing with a hydrostatic mower and it suddenly stopped pulling up the slightest grade. I couldn't figure out what was wrong until I got under the tractor with the Ground drive parts diagram and figured out that I had lost the spring that tensioned the belt. I replaced the spring and that fixed it.
Cannon

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Remove the deck from the tractor. Get under it and examine the belt and all the idlers. Work the clutch pedal and watch to see if the spring is returning the idler mechanism enough to get tension on the belt.
A few years ago I was mowing with a hydrostatic mower and it suddenly stopped pulling up the slightest grade. I couldn't figure out what was wrong until I got under the tractor with the Ground drive parts diagram and figured out that I had lost the spring that tensioned the belt. I replaced the spring and that fixed it.
Cannon
Want to Thank All who have replied so far,We have been in a daze running around trying to get ready to leave for Conway,Ar. -- our granddaughter is having complications with the birth of her baby--they were going to inducing labor and had to take her in for emergency kidney stone surgery and things did not go well. We are leaving shortly for a 18 hour trip and will answer all when we return. Again Thanks
JAS

1 - 3 of 3 Posts