My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came home to this poor sad machine looking at me!! My friend who is past fire chief had issue with drive belt on this poor little White/MTD. Wish I took picture BEFORE we pressure washed it!! It was so dirty, you couldn't see anything! The paint is just blowing off it when washed!
We got the belts last night and plan on working on it today. We might paint it for him before I let him know its done. Gave him loaner tractor for now!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Obviously not my friend. We sure do.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We seen worse also. We installed new drive belts and changed the very low/old oil. Everything works now. Sanded it down and painted whole thing with truck bed coating !! ��
Coated hood white and debating on fender color. May leave it black.

Reactions: eyeboltman

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We finally got some good and needed rain. We left the tractor in garage to dry. Also need a break. Thank God I am feeling better after some health issues of late. Taking it easy rest of day today. The tractor came out good. There is overspray on the black as we can touch it up or top coat it yet. Sure looks better. My friend has no idea we did this and we are going to prank him. As a past fire chief, we plan on calling him and telling him it was fatally broken. We have another tractor for you to come and pick up. Then show him this one!! Pimp my ride tractor addition!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bruce, just want to have happy friends and neighbors!

Reactions: bwdbrn1

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hey he used to be the fire chief, tell him it burned to the ground. But you have a replacement. Then again he may not see the humor.
I kind of agree with powershift but it looks so much better now.

Reactions: Ericjr16

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey guys thanks! Dad decided to go with newer style White tractor style. He said he painted it red on back.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well dad added a red stripe on rear fender. He also re installed the hood labels. Just have to top coat the black. I'll get pictures soon.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yes getting on with the neighbours is always a good idea.
As for rust on the bonnet, again is the mower to look at or is it to cut grass with ?

The ones I find humourious are the customers who complaing about belts jumping off when there is so much grass on the deck you can not see the shaft and when you do you fingd the problem is so much rust in the deck the spindles swing in towards each other and the belt jumps off every time they engage

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We took the engine out to see if the oil leak it had was from loose bolts. Sure enough they were loose! It could use a new sump gasket, but thought that is stepping over a line. We will show my friend and tell him of it. Seems to leak due to actually being full of oil and parked nose down!! ;)
Think he will like how it came out and we get to go to the firemen's campground to hang out now! :)

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Bravo once again Eric and Pops!!!!!

Reactions: Austen
1 - 20 of 22 Posts