My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My X520 just turned 300 hours this afternoon.

So far for the last 5 years I have not had a single problem.

300 hour overview.
Engine
Has great power. I have yet to stall it doing normal and heavy mowing. I did stall it once when I tried to turn on the blades in waist high grass.:rolleyes:
Also it is easy to do the daily pre start checks and work when needed.

Transmission
The transmission is very strong. I have pulled stuff that it should not pull, like logs and a truck. The transmission did not even groan.

Mower
The 54'' mower is the best I have used. It cuts smooth and level. The deck handles wet heavy thick grass with ease.
The deck is the easiest to remove and install out of all my equipment.
Removal and installation of the mower takes less than five minutes and no tools.
The deck is easy to keep clean of debris and easy to keep greased.

Fit and finish
This machine is built like a tank. The body panels fit together very well.

Dislikes.
The only thing I do not like about this machine is the headlight could be brighter and it needs tail lights or a rear work light.

Overall I would buy another one of these tractors if I got the chance.
I would recommend this tractor or any of the X5xx series tractors to someone who was in the market for a new or used garden tractor.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Nice review, they are sure a pleasure to use, and very quite I might add.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice review, they are sure a pleasure to use, and very quite I might add.
These machines sure are pleasure to operate. I love using mine that might be why I have so many hours.:rolleyes:
Thanks for the compliment.

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
That was a great review!

I would hope someone in the market had a chance to read your thread and help them in their decision making. Makes me want to go try one on for size :)

Mark

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That was a great review!

I would hope someone in the market had a chance to read your thread and help them in their decision making. Makes me want to go try one on for size :)

Mark
Thanks for the compliment Mark.
If you get the chance to test drive one of these machines go for it. I will have to warn you though, after the test drive you will not stop thinking/dreaming about these machines. The only way to stop the day dreams is to get one. That's what happened to me and I have been happy ever since.:D

·
Administrator
6,234 Posts
Thanks for the detailed review! :cool:

...Dislikes.
The only thing I do not like about this machine is the headlight could be brighter and it needs tail lights or a rear work light. ...
Ditto. I put a rear work light and side lights (license plate lamps) above the deck on my LT150 to make it really usable in the dark. Dash lamps would be nice too.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the detailed review! :cool:

Ditto. I put a rear work light and side lights (license plate lamps) above the deck on my LT150 to make it really usable in the dark. Dash lamps would be nice too.
Now that is a good idea using license plate lamps.
The dash on mine has a back light like in a car but you can't see the hour meter with the head lights on and at night.
I think I am going to adapt a work light I got for the 990 and use it on the X520. If I don't do something soon I am going to back into something.:eek:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very nice review, like stated above. Thanks for taking the time to share with us.
Not a problem Brad.
I should post more but I don't.
I do have some pictures though.
Here is the X520 hauling leaves.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Those rear diff locks come in handy too.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those rear diff locks come in handy too.
Yes they do. With out it I would not be able to mow some parts of my yard.
It also gives me confidence to go places I shouldn't go, like the creek.:eek:
So far I have not got the tractor stuck but when I do it will be bad.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:D Something like this?

Yea like that. If I do get it stuck I will post pictures.;)
I wonder if my neighbor will let me do that to one of his Farmalls.:D

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts

·
Administrator
6,234 Posts
Somebody dig that out!:eek:
:D The more I look at the photo the more I think there is actually nothing underground. I think they must have used some old parts laying about for looks. His better half probably told him while cleaning the garage to either use them or throw them out. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts