My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The swivel-type part that connects the steering rod to the right front wheel on my JD X500 has broken apart. (Not sure exactly what you call that part.) Anybody know if that's something that is commonly available or if I have to go to the dealer for that part? Figured I'd go ahead and replace the left one while I'm at it. Thanks!

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
Sounds like you need a tie-rod end. Looks like there are two different part numbers depending on serial number of your tractor. The difficulty buying a generic replacement would be to find one that will thread on properly and be the right length so the "toe-in" can be adjusted correctly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. Both JD places near me closed for the holiday. Called a bearing place, but they didn't have anything like that. Assuming the big box stores wouldn't have it. I may try to use some bailing wire to tie it down over the ball to get by until after the holidays. Would you mind giving me the part #? Serial No. is M0X500A012724. Thanks.

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
The part number I came up with your serial for reference #23 is AM134795

(See image below.) You might want to double check me on that. If you could get an aftermarket for a Sears or MTD to thread on and work would be a heck of a lot cheaper. But I have no idea whether any of them would fit or not. :dunno:So far I have been unsuccessful in finding the overall dimensions and thread pitch for the JD part for comparison.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts