My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
That's a Jacobsen Manor.

The old Jacobsens are neat mowers and provide a unique mowing experience versus the average mower due to their 2 cycle engine.

The original ignition systems in these machines often times need be gone through and upgraded. There are some different options to go about doing this but my recommendation would be a Nova II electronic conversion kit hooked up to the original or aftermarket coil designed to work with the kit. Many folks including myself who have vintage Jakes have been using this setup successfully. This is just something to keep in mind for future reference.

Parts are not as easy to come by for these machines either, but there are a few sources out there. This means that when it comes to gaskets, carb rebuild kits etc you may have to get creative depending upon if you can locate parts. Confirming the machine is complete and not missing any parts is crucial.

They are fun machines and the items mentioned are not there to deter you away, but things to keep in mind.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks (From what I can see) to be in incredibly good shape...

I really don't need another piece of machinery to play with right now... Although this is tempting.

-Stan

·
Registered
130 Posts
You absolutely CANNOT go wrong with it at just $50. I am heading up to Lima, Ohio mid week to the Red Power Roundup. Dont make me buy it out from underneath you :)

Chris

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You absolutely CANNOT go wrong with it at just $50. I am heading up to Lima, Ohio mid week to the Red Power Roundup. Dont make me buy it out from underneath you :)

Chris
If you are interested, You can have it..

I really don't need any more projects..

If you would like, I can ask the seller to hold it for you.. Further more, You could too I guess..

-Stan

·
Registered
114 Posts
My Grandfather bought one of these new, he and his next door neighbor went in on it. It was the first gasoline powered lawn mower for either of them. It was still around (and running) when he passed.
I wish I knew what happened to it. Thanks for this post, it made me smile to see this.
Hmmm, Painesville is 10 minutes from me....:2cents:

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My Grandfather bought one of these new, he and his next door neighbor went in on it. It was the first gasoline powered lawn mower for either of them. It was still around (and running) when he passed.
I wish I knew what happened to it. Thanks for this post, it made me smile to see this.
Hmmm, Painesville is 10 minutes from me....:2cents:
Get it... Please.

I cant get it.. I decided... I Just don't have the time or space to give this thing the restore it deserves.

However, it looks to be in nearly perfect condition with the original catcher.

-Stan

·
Registered
114 Posts
Get it... Please.

I cant get it.. I decided... I Just don't have the time or space to give this thing the restore it deserves.

However, it looks to be in nearly perfect condition with the original catcher.

-Stan
Same issue here. I would love the stroll down memory lane but I just went through a lot of effort to make room in the barn. I can't start filling it up again.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:ditto:

I cleared out the shop and small shed 2 weeks ago.. Threw out almost everything and have tons of space now...

But I don't want to start filling it again :)

-Stan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts