My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this zero turn that has a new carburetor, new fuel pump, and ignition switch .
It turns over starts then dies. Will not keep running. Is there a run relay on it that is shutting down and if so where is it located and the part number for it?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have this zero turn that has a new carburetor, new fuel pump, and ignition switch .
It turns over starts then dies. Will not keep running. Is there a run relay on it that is shutting down and if so where is it located and the part number for it?
Has it got an anti after fire solenoid valve on the carb? If so there could be a problem in the electrical feed to that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you it does have one on the side I think I’ll run a switch to it so it stays running

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thank you it does have one on the side I think I’ll run a switch to it so it stays running
It was just a guess but worth a try.
While on the subject of trouble shooting and running feeds; what ever you do at any time don’t run a voltage feed to anything that might be an ignition kill wire / terminal . A dose of volts to ignition coils / modules will destroy them. Sometimes when key switches go faulty they do that but the coil is blamed and replaced with the same result - not good 😧

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tested solinoid on carb it has power when you crank it but after starting for a second it looses power and quits running.
Is it suppose to stayed powered to keep running. Does the ignition switch do that or a relay

·
Registered
39 Posts
The solenoid has to remain powered to allow fuel to flow. Without a circuit diagram it’s not possible to be more precise. Those solenoids can, and do mess around and fail to hold out even though still receiving power. Hooking it’s feed to a test light can be useful just to confirm that there’s power or at what point it looses it.
I’m guessing that the solenoid may hold the float bowl in place so maybe you can put some washers between it and the bowl so that although holding the bowl fuel tight the plunger is not cutting off the fuel to the jet. Then If the machine continues to run ok while the test light confirms power, it points to a faulty solenoid.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We’ll I found the broken wire to the carb solenoid it was behind the fuse box on the left side of fender runs like a new one again.
Thank You so much

1 - 9 of 9 Posts