My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, so nice this afternoon, decided to get the machines out for sale and wake up my old friend! This John Deere 180 is the first real restoration we did! It was so rough when we got it! Dad did a great job, and I decided to keep it ;) Today I went and reconnected the battery and turned on gas. The battery seems to be soft, so out comes jump box. After the gas got to carb, fired right up!! Let her get nice and warm, installed a new battery in it and use the old one in a sales tractor! Tomorrow ,I will clean it up, coat of wax, and back to sleep!
Her is the before pic when we got it!

Here is the today pic!

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
I like your shop area. Looks nice and roomy. And clean too. I've got to raise my garage door to get that kind of space.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I like your shop area. Looks nice and roomy. And clean too. I've got to raise my garage door to get that kind of space.
LOL That was last spring! You should see it now!! :dunno: Dad isn't the most organized guy! It make me nuts sometimes! A couple of times when he had a cold, I tore garage down and cleaned it and put stuff away andthrew out crap. Guess what, some "crap" wasn't!! :dunno:
Got yelled at for my good dead!! :help:
Look in background, its a mess of clutter to me! ;)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HAHA Told ya!! ;)

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
That lift would be quite handy to have. :cool

The JD looks great! :ThumbUp:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Austen! We used it yesterday! Decided to pressure wash the undercarriages of the cars! Thank God we bought it! A blessing to use compared to laying in mud like the old days!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
That's awesome. I sure wouldn't mind one of those at all. :ThumbUp:

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Do you detail cars, like post winter salt removal? Remember, I'm a Floridian ;)
LOL you should be glad you don't have to deal with the salt/dirt on the roads! We like to keep the salt off the cars so they don't fall victim to tin worm! This is the first time we got to use lift outside too!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts