My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If the attachment thingie worked, there's a photo here that shows our family's original Craftsman mower that had been repaired a few times by my Dad. Yeah, that's our yard, I still live here though there are some more plants and trees now. The engine always ran great, just wind the rope around the top, open the gas valve and pull the cord then adjust the choke. One time, Dad took the deck to a welder friend who heli-arced a crack and that was the most amazing thing a 12-year-old could ever see. I think the mower was new in 1952 or 1953, the photo is about 1966 or so. Man, I wish I had one of those again.

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Now that's one cool photo! :cool

There's just something about photos like that from the past. They sure do bring back the memories and it's also fun to see how our machines looked when they were in their heyday.

Thanks for sharing!

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
There's a story in that picture for sure. Keep your eyes open, you just never know when you might run across one of those mowers.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
That's a blast from the past for sure. If I had to guess, maybe the device that was used to earn enough money to buy the guitar? Thanks for sharing!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts