My Lawnmower Forum banner

wiring problem

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Mark / Ohio 
#1 ·
I have a LA150 unfortunatly my wife was trying to mulch a large pile of leaves and started a good sized fire underneath and fried the wiring harness. They want $200 for replacement if I do the work myself or they could do it for me for a $1000. (nice guys) The only way that I can see is try to figure out a wiring diagram which they want to sell me for $75 in the form of a service manual. I did ask for a printout but he just laughed at me. Is there any other way to aquire a diagram?

#2 ·
Sorry to hear that. Doesn't sound like the person you spoke to was as helpful as you would have liked. I do know that any where you go, a lot of what is done is diagnostic to try to determine the full extent of a problem, and that may take quite a lot of time. That of course, can be costly to the customer, but in the end, hopefully the problem is found and fixed. In your case, just how much damage might have been done to the electrical system, and maybe other parts of the machine.

I took a casual look at the parts listing for the LA150 over on John Deere's site, and it actually lists four different wiring harnesses. They're referred to as; engine, lights, front and rear.

Hopefully another member has the manual, and will share the information you're looking for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.