My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 03 huskee garden tractor and i just rebuilt the carb and started it yesterday,i shut it off and tryed to start it again it would not start when checking its not getting fire to the plugs so i unhooked the kill wires to the coils and it started i also notice the electric pto work work eathier i have checked the fuse and the pto switch and everything seems good anyone know whats going on with this thing

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
Trouble shooting electrical problems can be a pain. Best I can recommend is to check one connection at a time to try to narrow it down.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Start checking the other safety interlock switches. Sounds like something is killing the power.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ill do that its weird because it run fine the first time i started it and i didnt do anything to it but i will check them and see

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
That 1st start may have jiggled something loose at a connection or in a switch, especially if the unit had not been run in awhile. Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok after looking at this thing i pulled the battery out of it and i found a green wire that is coming out of the wire harness near the selnoid that is not hooked up and have a termainal end on it but dont really know where it goes and also on back down the harness near the back wheel is a yellow wire just hanging there anyone know where they go

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the model number is 14ar808k131 and the serial number is 1b133h20112 where can i get a wire diagram of the mower

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok im lost on what this could be if i unhook the far kill wire on the coil it will run with the other coil hooked up i have checked everything

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Interesting, usually the owners or parts manual have the wiring diagram in the back but I'm still looking. Do you have an owners manual for your mower or engine? I don't want to send you on a wild goose chase without looking at the diagram first. I'll have to do some digging as it will probably be in a service manual somewhere. Hang in there Dave!

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Hey, I made something that might be what you need, check this out and see if it helps. I also need to know what exact engine do you have? (B&S, Vanguard, Intek, Onan etc..)

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
that may be what i need right there im going to mess with it later this week and see what i can figure out now thanks alot for the help im keep ya updated

1 - 15 of 15 Posts