My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All, new guy here. Located in northern Arkansas having moved here from central Wisconsin about 18 years ago. Retired from GTE/Verizon and living the "good life". "Arthur" likes to mess with that off and on though.

Anyway, I've got a question about a recently purchased PYT9000 / 247.28980 Craftsman rider. It's the newest mower I have owned to date and was a little surprised to open the owner manual and not see a wiring diagram. Is this the trend now or is this specific to the Craftsman line? Is there any place to obtain a diagram? I have looked high and low without finding one. I've looked for shop service manuals too, but nothing there either. This is a 1st for me.

· Registered
501 Posts
Hello All, new guy here. Located in northern Arkansas having moved here from central Wisconsin about 18 years ago. Retired from GTE/Verizon and living the "good life". "Arthur" likes to mess with that off and on though.

Anyway, I've got a question about a recently purchased PYT9000 / 247.28980 Craftsman rider. It's the newest mower I have owned to date and was a little surprised to open the owner manual and not see a wiring diagram. Is this the trend now or is this specific to the Craftsman line? Is there any place to obtain a diagram? I have looked high and low without finding one. I've looked for shop service manuals too, but nothing there either. This is a 1st for me.
Welcome to MLF Dan. The 247 of your model number indicates it was made by MTD for Sears. MTD also makes Cub Cadet and Troybilt. The only wiring diagram I found is below.
LTX1000 Series + SLTX1000 Series (2009 - 2014).pdf
More searching using different MTD models may produce what you need. Good luck.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to MLF Dan. The 247 of your model number indicates it was made by MTD for Sears. MTD also makes Cub Cadet and Troybilt. The only wiring diagram I found is below.
LTX1000 Series + SLTX1000 Series (2009 - 2014).pdf
More searching using different MTD models may produce what you need. Good luck.
Thanks for the comeback Grunt. I checked it out and I don't think that wiring is going to be enough like this Craftsman to be any help. I don't really need the diagram I just like to have handy for reference if and when I need it. I was aware that MTD was the manufacturer, but not sure what models in the Cub Cadet or Troy Built line would be similar or if they would have wiring diagram available. Strange goings on.

I see by your avatar the you ight have been around the A-4 Skyhawks at one time. If so, did you fly them or work on them? I was with a Navy squadron of Skyhawks (VA-64) as an AT on and off the USS America (CVA-66) some time back.

· Registered
501 Posts
Thanks for the comeback Grunt. I checked it out and I don't think that wiring is going to be enough like this Craftsman to be any help. I don't really need the diagram I just like to have handy for reference if and when I need it. I was aware that MTD was the manufacturer, but not sure what models in the Cub Cadet or Troy Built line would be similar or if they would have wiring diagram available. Strange goings on.

I see by your avatar the you ight have been around the A-4 Skyhawks at one time. If so, did you fly them or work on them? I was with a Navy squadron of Skyhawks (VA-64) as an AT on and off the USS America (CVA-66) some time back.
I was an AE from 69 to 73 on Marine Skyhawks and the occasional Phantom. My last squadron was VMA-311 in North Carolina. Thanks for your service, Dan.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes sir, and thank you for your service as well. I usually tell people, if given the chance, that it was an honor and a privilege to serve and I received my "thanks" every two weeks (if I'm remembering correctly) in the form of cash. I was in from 1963-67. All east coast except for boot which was in San Diego.

I have since gotten the PYT9000 running and it was just a blown fuse by the starter solenoid. Had to do some searching for that solenoid, not in its usual place or where I'm accustomed to finding them. I'm not sure I like the location since this old frame isn't into contorting and stooping and really never was.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts