My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in the middle of my Thanksgiving food grocery run. Clouds broke and the sun came back out once I was back in the house. :ROFL

My yard when I got home. It was green an hour earlier. :ThumbUp:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Keep it!!! :eek: :D :D :D

Reactions: wh55

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
We made the trek from the U.P., where we had no snow at all, down to IL. Just outside of Madison, WI we started seeing snow on the ground. 500 miles to the south, I had to get the shovel out to clear the driveway when I got back. There was a little "raking" of leaves involved too since they hadn't been picked up before the snow fell.

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Nice photos, Mark! I have a feeling this only the start for you though.

Nice windshield wipers BTW. Those look top of the line. :ThumbUp:

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
Dang! I haven't even got my rig out yet! :sidelaugh Oh well, sooner or later winter's going to hit us; at least we'll get a snow day or two eventually.

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
..Nice windshield wipers BTW. Those look top of the line. :ThumbUp:
I got the beam ones. They thaw out faster and work pretty good once the windshield gets hot. Less time standing on the door frame hanging on to the steering wheel with one hand beating the ice off them.* :2th:

(*Note for BW, I only stand on the door frame at slow speeds when there are no cars around me on the road. ;) :D)

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some photos I took of the 2-3" of snow we got early in the week which has now melted. I should have got some of the white out we were in Tuesday but was too busy trying to see if I was still on the road or driving through the fields. Then with the drifting it was kind of like driving on a cloud. Once in awhile I could still see the yellow lines.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
So far not much here for winter! Would like some to try out the snow blower.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Its still green here in upper NY with a few flakes of snow. Last year we had better then 2 foot at this time. They have been calling for lake effect snow seeing I live next to Lake Ontario, but none yet.

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
We got a dusting accompanied by ferocious winds last night, but nothing that didn't melt off the pavement. I'm in dire need of a snow day....hopefully right in the middle of midterms. :sidelaugh :bag:

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
I'm in dire need of a snow day....hopefully right in the middle of midterms. :sidelaugh :bag:
I know the feeling. At least you probably have today off though.

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I forgot to mention it but the day we had the whiteouts (day before the photos) and about 10°F windchill and blowing and drifting one of our trucks alternator died about 25 miles out but luckily the battery held until we were in the middle of a small town instead of out on the small back roads we were headed back from. Also lucky I was still following him in the Honda which now has 304K miles on it. I was worried about it, not the other truck with 150K on it. Another 2 mile down the road and we were headed in different directions so good thing it let go when it did. The old faithful Honda got us back home. Someone was giving us a helping hand that day. :^:

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Wow, that wouldn't have been good being stuck out in the middle of nowhere.

Yup, you can depend on a Honda.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Beautiful pics of the snow! I've never lived in it but love going to it up in the hills here in northern CA. As far as winter goes here, we're finally getting much needed rain and snow. It's quite a welcome change. Haven't mowed in I don't know how long, maybe 3 months or so, but if I have time I'll mow tomorrow between rain storms. The grass is really greening up, not growing a whole lot yet but looking better. Think I'll use the Honda, it's much lighter than the Snappers and the ground is pretty saturated. Neat hearing how things are in all different parts of this great country!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
It is nice to see though!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts