My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received about 4" of white Saturday night. Here's a look out my front window this afternoon. :cool:

Another 2-3" predicted coming in tomorrow late. :ThumbUp:

·
1,329 Posts
4 inch is just about right, looks good and wont take long for it ti melt.:sidelaugh

we are getting rain, 29 mile north its a winter mix. If it drops 2 more degrees, we will be in trouble.
wish it would actually rain all day.:ThumbUp:

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Cool picture, Mark. :)

We wouldn't mind seeing a little of the white stuff here ourselves. It was early January last year when we got our big storm so it will be interesting to see what happens, if anything, this year.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
That would be more of a special event for us down here, its already 57° and its suppose to be up in the 70s..
All I can do is enjoy looking at your pics. :ThumbUp: Thanks guys! ;)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Few flakes in the air here now! Up to 2" predicted. ~~ grnspot

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
First snow band starting to come in around 2:30pm. Real fine with some sleet and rain.

By 5pm tonight roads were iced up but still only about an inch at most of new snow so far.

Sorry about the picture quality. Taken with my iPod and I don't like to steer with my knees too long with ice under rubber. :eek: Another small burst of snow on radar now moving in ahead of the cold front. Lows going down to single digits and teens °F for the next several days.

·
1,329 Posts
WOW Mark, thats a coming on, Thanks for the pics, Im still at 35 degrees 10:50 pm, we got 3/4 inch of rain, I had to work in it but I loved it, we need it bad.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Neat pictures, it looks beautiful out there!

·
Ret. Moderator
498 Posts
I have been plowing almost daily out here since the day before Christmas .

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
At least the snow man looks more at home, but we haven't gotten any more since that snow fell. If I can't mow it, I at least want to (snow)blow it.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Thank you guys for giving me a white New Year. Very nice! :p My daughter is enjoying it. :cool

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Not quite 70° here today. I think the high is going to be around 25 or so.
My wife and I took a walk through Black Hawk State Park, a wooded oasis sort of in the middle of town here today. Beautiful sunshine, and a few other folks out too. Fun to listen to the snow crunch under your step.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
I rode my bike up to the gas station to fill it up as I haven't ridden for about a month and wanted to try out some new riding gear, but just about froze to death instead as the gear is breathable and made for warm weather, lol. My hands felt like they were on fire when I got home, they were that cold!

At least the snow man looks more at home, but we haven't gotten any more since that snow fell. If I can't mow it, I at least want to (snow)blow it.
Have you tried your Lawn King out in the snow yet? It works pretty good as a snowplow... even without a blade! :cool:

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Last two days have been beautiful aside from a little on the cool side. We got down to 6°F yesterday morning but back to around 30°F during the days.

To Five points...

That funny looking stuff floating on the water in the pond is called ice. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts