My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a f series engine that I took off of an early 80's model 4503 Scamp and am wondering if I can mount this to any f series deck. The Scamp was a great, cheap, light weight mower but the steel deck didn't hold up very well. I used that mower right up to the day the wheels literally fell off around 20 years ago. I kept the engine and scrapped what was left of the deck. Last week I found the engine hidden in a corner of the garage, rebuilt the carb, jury rigged a solid engine mount with a couple of 2x4's and saw horses and fired the old boy up. What a sweet sound. I know there are some really knowledgable lawnboy lovers on this forum who can offer solid advice on fitment. Thanks in advance.

·
Founding Administrator
1,278 Posts
Took a while to get you an answer, but a friend of mine that knows his LB's says:

Tell the other guy with the engine fit question that the Scamp F engine will fit a cast deck, but the muffler plate will not.
The cast deck will swallow the Scamp plate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.