My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something I've been interested in for a long time but never quite found what I want is a wide area walk behind. I'm not looking for commercial width (42"+). I'm looking (dreaming) about something in the low to mid 30"s width. I know CC made a residential and commercial 32" cut. Does anyone else make something similar?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Sears used to sell one with a 33''cut under the "craftsmen professional" brand a few years ago. I haven't seen any on their website in a while.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The Cub Cadet unit has it ancestry in the Troy-Bilt unit that Garden Way introduced over 25 years ago. Good solid mower, my brother had a 30" Troy-Bilt for many years to cut his 1 acre lot. Finally wore out the motor on it and decided to get something to sit on than walk behind.

·
Registered
108 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Seriously? A $1400 walk behind!! My rider automatic with 42" deck AND plow attatchment was less than that!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Remember commercial units tend to be more difficult to change height of cut, not an issue for some. Wider cuts just take a little getting used to. I can cut darn close with my 33" older Troy Bilt. Will look at Ariens/Gravely WAW when I need to replace. Good luck! Some fine equipment if you do your research.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts