My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a monster!! Delivered to a customer in Stroudsburg PA. He has small engine repair also, had this out back.
Look at the size of it? 15HP?? 36" wide?
Me like!!

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
I think those are sold online by Lowes. They are Chinese made, and Stanley sells the same machine with a different paint job and labels. I don't know if they're any good, but they're certainly big enough! ;) :sidelaugh

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow, explains why it is still there! I saw it last delivery, a month ago!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Reviews indicate Scrap Value Only. Go to the Snow Blower Forum and search Stanley. One guy bought one and after a few weeks in the shop of an approved dealer, they just gave him his money back.

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
I've heard of people having terrible issues with body rust and flaking paint. I guess the Chinese don't make a good blower! ;)

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Well it looks pretty tough anyway.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I suppose.. But looks aren't everything.. Neighbor of mine down the block has an old Ariens from the 70's and it's completely rusty.. Almost no paint left.. That thing will out throw pretty much any modern blower built.... Well.. Maybe not a modern Ariens..

-Stan

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
It might out throw a modern Ariens too! It's sad, but even they are on the march towards cheapness. Their engines are already Chinese-made. :(

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Ariens "Sno-Tek" Engines are actually quite well made.. They are not simple Honda clones, They are their own brand of engine and they aren't bad..

The thing about Buying from china is.. Most companies say "Here's My price, Tell me quality" Where as some companies (Ariens, Apple Etc..) Say "I want Quality, Tell me price"

I still don't really trust the Chinese engines.. But What can you do.. It's the age we live in..

-Stan

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
Exactly. The Chinese are as technologically capable as any other country of making a high quality, long lasting product. But their manufacturing strength is they are also capable for now anyway of making a cheaper product then most when asked to do so.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts