My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
"Pristene" as in totally weed free like the pictures in mower brochures? Nope, I don't want a lawn like that. Takes too much time, too much money,and too many chemicals to have a lawn like that. My main concern would be the chemicals that eventually would make their way down into my well water.

·
Registered
81 Posts
When I was younger, I would barely cut the grass once a week and hardly ever did edging or trimming. I used to chuckle at the old timers who spent so much time and effort keeping their yards looking pristine. Now that I'm around 10 years from retirement I'm slowly turning into one of those old timers! And my yard is looking better than ever! :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Seriously, who doesn't want a green, pristine, nicely trimmed lawn at the front of their home? :)
My Dad :D He always looks forward to the summer when the grass turns brown and its one less chore he has to do...... me, just the opposite

·
Registered
108 Posts
I wish my yard was, It is in the backyard. But in the front its a different story. :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Our yard is mower reguraley. I hate a badly trimmed yard. It has to be nice and the one thing that drives me absoultely insane is the one little weed that just didn't cut and is sticking staright up. Makes me so darn mad.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Our yard is mower regularly. I hate a badly trimmed yard. It has to be nice and the one thing that drives me absolutely insane is the one little weed that just didn't cut and is sticking straight up. Makes me so darn mad.
Yeah I hate those too. I call them stragglers.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Does anyone d the fancy stripes? I tyed it but wasn't very succesful.
I tried it but I didn't think it looked good, I liked the look of the non striped lawn better.

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
Our yard is mower reguraley. I hate a badly trimmed yard. It has to be nice and the one thing that drives me absoultely insane is the one little weed that just didn't cut and is sticking staright up. Makes me so darn mad.
When I have those in my yard I go pinch the weed off or mow over it again.

·
Registered
23 Posts
"Pristene" as in totally weed free like the pictures in mower brochures? Nope, I don't want a lawn like that. Takes too much time, too much money,and too many chemicals to have a lawn like that. My main concern would be the chemicals that eventually would make their way down into my well water.
Dandelions are the biggest weed problem around central AB, but my family dosen't use sprays for that exact reason, we have a well. I find that dandelion season ends naturally, and when they die, you just mow them over. A foolproof way to have your lawn looking good all of the time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts