My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My recently purchased RER 28108BE with hy vac deck has what I assume is a Ninja blade (split on ends with 4 edges). I installed the bagger and want to pick up leaves. Am I wasting my time trying to use the ninja blade? Which blade would be best for bagging leaves?
Also, what's a good book or manual for maintenance/repair/adjustment of snapper RER's? Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Picked up a blade and lift kit at the dealer now that I knew what to ask for. Can't wait to try it out. Leaves are wet right now so maybe this weekend. Kind of scary blade arraignment having that heavy lift kit bolted on :eek:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have to give us a report after the first use. Do they live up to your expectations?
Used the lift kit blade yesterday. The standard blade and lift kit came to about $25.00. It definitely works. The people at the snapper dealership weren't sure on which side of the blade the lift kit went on!:confused: I mounted it on top of the blade that mounts toward the deck with the angled part up toward the deck also and facing away from the blade cutting edge. Hope that was right. The only problem was the constant stopping to empty the bag. I had a medium layer of leaves on the front lawn. But have about 2 to 3 times more that haven't fallen yet. I could only make about 1 circuit around (out of about 12 total circuits) before the bag filled up. Of course since this was the first time I had bagged there may have been a lot of dead grass and stuff that contributed to filling the bag. Also, I wasn't sure how high to set the deck. I had it high at first but it would blow the leaves away from the deck front as the mower approached. Lowered it a couple of notches and it seemed to work good. Just out of curiosity, I may remount my ninja blade and mulch cover and try it that way to see if it mulches sufficiently well to make the leaves disappear down into the grass. FWIW this was only the second time I have used the mower (or any rider) so I"m still learning. One thing I learned was that deep pine needles will jam up the works pretty quickly so I avoided that area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts