My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
My sister got one like the Craftsman last summer. I searched hard for a small rider, pressurized oil and spin-on filter, warranty, and ease of operation.

This mower met all of the above at a good price. She has a small city lawn with several Georgia pines, and it is ver maneuverable, with a tight turning radius.

The first year has been worry free.

Reactions: bbuckler

·
Registered
148 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
great cause the other one didn't and I like to use my lawn cart to haul my weedeater and gas cans when I mow the neighbors yard

·
Registered
148 Posts
great cause the other one didn't and I like to use my lawn cart to haul my weedeater and gas cans when I mow the neighbors yard
Don't take my uncertain word on it without verifying for yourself! I am now over the age of 55, and have a great excuse to forget things!
:bag:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Get the Craftsman. That is a bigger motor. A much bigger motor. My Craftsman 21" pusher has a 190cc motor. So does that MTD POS rider. That's a small displacement for a rider. The craftsman has 420cc. The Craftsman weighs 335 pounds. The Murray doesn't list a weight. The Craftsman. The Craftsman. The Craftsman.

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
Yeah, the Craftsmans look pretty well-built. However, I'm not sure albut the reliability/durability of the engines, which are china-made Honda clones.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah, the Craftsmans look pretty well-built. However, I'm not sure about the reliability/durability of the engines, which are china-made Honda clones.
The Craftsman may or may not be the best buy...
The Chinese engine......I have one, from HF, thus far, its quality is much better than American (Tecumseh),BUT, time will tell...
Maybe I should not say this,,,but, I do not trust Sears and Roebuck....

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Yeah, the Craftsmans look pretty well-built. However, I'm not sure albut the reliability/durability of the engines, which are china-made Honda clones.
Really?
The one I saw was a Briggs Quantum.

Earthworm said:
I don't Trust Sears and Roebuck...
Frankly, Neither do I... I've Bought many tools from them at Premium prices but have gotten far from Premium results frankly...

-Stan

·
Registered
226 Posts
It's an MTD. None of these are particularly well built, compared to what used to be. I think by now, even the Briggs motors come from China. I am not excited about any of these price point mowers. That's why I go mostly by weight and engine size. If the manufacturer doesn't even make the weight available, so I can at least compare from that standpoint, I skip right over them.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I almost suggested the Snapper when you first posted but I thought you may have had your heart set on the Sears type.
The Snapper would be quite a step up over the other models you have suggested.
I think you would be a lot happier in the long run,

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I will post pics when I get the new one. It going to be a couple of weeks before I can get it . I sold both the murray and craftsman so I will be doing a lot pushing mower until I get the new rider.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts