My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Geez, last winter the question over on snowblowerforum.com was, "Where's the snow? Now the question seems to be, "Where's the rain?" I can't remember the last good rain we had in my part of Illinois. Everything is drying up and shriveling away. It's so dry, the ground is cracking in a lot of places around the yard.

How is everyone else doing?

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
I wish it was like that around here!

I always love to joke about the weather we have here.

June was an absolute wash and they said was the third rainiest June on record in some 100 years or so. May was actually much nicer.

July has been a hit and miss month with fairly rainy & cloudy weahter (we had the HEAT on just two nights ago) as well as a few nice days mixed in between here and there, but they're saying that we might be getting our three weeks of summer starting now which will last through the middle of August or so- maybe the end if we're lucky? The heat wave that I think I mentioned earlier that was drifiting our way from your direction lasted a couple of days.

That's our summer for ya, 'least I'll be leaving for California for a couple weeks here soon!

·
Premium Member
6,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I looked at that drought map at the bottom of the home page. Yee gosh, we're in the reddest part of the map! 101° a few minutes ago according to a thermometer on the bank I drove past. We just came back from a couple of weeks in the U.P. Saturday. It was actually kind of warm for up there, but nothing like this in Illinois.

Looks like you've had rain out your way Austen. Typical I suppose for your area. Try to send some of it our way if you can. Have a good time down in California.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
That sounds quite hot Bruce!

It sounds like you had a good time on your trip! :)

·
Administrator
6,234 Posts
Things are not too good here either. We have field corn here in places so stunted from the dry conditions it is barely 3' tall including the tassel. (Normal average is 7-9') Soybeans are looking a little better after the light rain showers this last week but the ground is still so dry it is cracking open. Then add in the daily heat of 90-100°F, not good. But there are some areas around me that received some of the heavier spot storms that are in better shape.

We are in the moderate risk zone for severe weather tomorrow. Supposed to get real active around 4-5pm. Of course I have a manufacture service meeting 40 mile away up in Columbus to attend and will be in rush hour traffic trying to get home about that time. That ought to turn a normal 45 minute drive into the better of 1.5 hrs or more. :rolleyes: Maybe I'll just check into one of the rooms at the hotel for a one night vacation. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts