My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious how you all store your mowers? My brother in law leaves his outside 365 days a year. If the mower is lucky, he puts a shopping bag over the engine. He's had his mower for almost ten years and it works fine for him. I keep one of mine in a metal shed and one in the garage. Both are pretty safe and protected areas. I guess I'm a nervous Nellie!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Sounds like your's are kept away safe, but I definitely hear you there, you can't ever be too careful on how you store them.

I keep each of mine under a cover in the back corner of the garage. I have a construction cone infront of them all with a sign stating "Antique Lawnmowers, Fragile" so that nothing gets stacked on them.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Presently mine lives in the truck while I restore it. I have some friends who need their yards mowed and I like my old crazy MTD enough to take it with me for the job.

Back in the day at mom's I used to have six push mowers, all fenced and locked in the backyard on the patio (and neatly kept). Back there I had a Southland 20", a power-propelled Southland 22", a Lawn-Boy 8125, a Lawn-Boy 8073, a 2-cycle Snapper Hi-Vac, and a home-brew Murray/MTD/Briggs parts mutt with a vertical pull starter. And a shed to work on them in (and usually keep at least 2-3 there).

·
Registered
650 Posts
have always kept mine in the garage although a neighbor keeps his outside all year...i hate to see the snow rain etc get to them .. his was an old montgomery ward rider(1970's) and it lasted him up untill 2 years ago

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
That's a problem that many of us lawnmower and lawn tractor geeks run into...where to store our equipment.

I keep my regular tractor and ZTR in a 12' by 20' uninsullated shed. Besides that I keep the rest of them under tarp behind the shed. It is a bit unhandy when I want to get one out, but it will have to do for now. We have been considering putting up another shed, but our township isn't too easy on us so I'm not sure if we can get the required permits to do it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I store 4 out of 5 of my garden tractors in the shop. One lives in the barn. All my small equipment (walk behinds, hand held etc) lives in the shop with the rest of the tractors.

·
Premium Member
6,106 Posts
I keep all of my lawn care stuff in either the garage, or the garden shed out back. Meanwhile, my truck sits outside because there isn't enough room for it because of the lawn mowers!

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
I keep all my equipment in my tractor shed. Well actually it is a 24' X 48' steel pole garage. When I originally bought this property 13 years ago the building was already here and it had some interesting issues. The first one was a huge mound of dirt that was badly over grown and no driveway to the building. It also did not have anything in it but gravel for a floor and one garage door.

I rented a excavator and moved the mound of dirt into a low area of my property, I cut in a driveway and also put a cross over to the original drive way so I have a circle driveway that goes from in front of the tractor shed to the front of our home to the original driveway.

Over the years I added on gutters and down spouts, replace the rotten side door and last year I had a 2nd garage door put on it and concreted the floor.

So all my equipment now inside the "tractor shed".

Now for my other toys I had a new 36' X 38' moniter style pole building built for the cars, truck and 5th wheel travel trailer. For the full story on this follow the link below
The Other Shoe Dropped Today. - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
We have a small barn and thats where i store my sears and other equipment but im getting more attachments so i built a smaller shed specifically for them and parts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I keep all my equipment in my tractor shed. Well actually it is a 24' X 48' steel pole garage. When I originally bought this property 13 years ago the building was already here and it had some interesting issues. The first one was a huge mound of dirt that was badly over grown and no driveway to the building. It also did not have anything in it but gravel for a floor and one garage door.

I rented a excavator and moved the mound of dirt into a low area of my property, I cut in a driveway and also put a cross over to the original drive way so I have a circle driveway that goes from in front of the tractor shed to the front of our home to the original driveway.

Over the years I added on gutters and down spouts, replace the rotten side door and last year I had a 2nd garage door put on it and concreted the floor.

So all my equipment now inside the "tractor shed".

Now for my other toys I had a new 36' X 38' moniter style pole building built for the cars, truck and 5th wheel travel trailer. For the full story on this follow the link below
The Other Shoe Dropped Today. - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information
Wow, you've come a long way. Your garage looks like high dollar commerical real estate!

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Thank you for the compliment. I had to work and save for the way I wanted to redo my property. Since I have 5 acres I always have projects and for me to have the proper tool to do the job just makes my life easier without going to the rental place.

I have always said to folks that I have reshaped my home to the image I want, but for every project I save the money then pay cash. I do it all cash and carry and so it will always take more time but I do get it done just more slowly but the fact I owe no one for what I want done.

The next big projects I have is to replace the siding on my mobile home and new doors windows and then after that a complete remodel of the interior of my home. I am about half way on saving the money to do this project and I figure next spring I will have the money to do this project but will probably wait until about this time next year as next year my union I am in is will be going for a new contract.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts