My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got wrong parts more than once on Amazon Prime (with free shipping) these last few months but was able to return them, still a pain! They claimed it fit my machine and did not!! ( with out going into to many specifics.)
I have in the past had luck with e-replacements, and Ebay. But if your ordering single parts, or small tune up kits you need to reach a certain amount in order to get free shipping etc. I also noticed you can get a carb, plug, filter and all gaskets etc.for about 22 bucks from China. Really makes me wonder, Anybody having luck with that? anybody know time turn around? The older stuff I use to get from China was better quality.
thanks for indulging!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Anything from china is hit or miss.on the rare occasion i order something that is Chinese, i go for the one with the highest number of star reviews. and i also read the 1 or 2 star reviews, and if the low star reviewers all have a similar issue, i'll look at another product.
but mostly i Order from PartsTree.com, they're located in Austin TX and I live in Houston, TX... so for $7.00 shipping, i can get stuff here in 2 days, 3 days Max. and plus i'd rather my money go to a small business, than a big corporation.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Considering all of the expert on line retailers like Parts Tree , JACKS SMALL ENGINES , Small Engine Warehouse , Small Engine Supplies plus the storefronts who also do parts like K & T or Messicks why would any one faff around with ebay or amazone.
Prime Line, Stens , Rotary & oregon all have on line catalogues of their after market parts and either an on line shop or a list of dealers
So again why play hit and miss in the hope that you might save $ 10 on a box of parts hat get replaced once in every 5 years

1 - 3 of 3 Posts