My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two of these pod style K&N filters came included in a kit that I purchased a couple of months ago for my Ducati but did not use them for other reasons.

I figured that I would be able to sell these fairly easily but contrary to my belief, I've been finding out that I just about can't offload them for free!

To purchase them new from K&N, they're $50, RC-3250 - K&N Universal Air Filters, Universal Chrome Filter direct from K&N. The cheapest place around that I've been able to find this particular filter is on Ebay for no less than $40.

With that in mind, I've had these things (new in the boxes with the million mile warrantee paperwork...) listed on CL and a local M/C forum for the past month and half with a dwindling price of what is now $10 each and still can't give them away. I have to admit, I'm pretty surprised actually.

Any thoughts about what to do with these other than assume keep them? I kind of hate to throw them out as they're not inexpensive. I've almost had thoughts of contacting K&N to see if they'd take them back but I'd be surprised if they had a Nordstrom like return policy on a scenario like this.

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Make mini lamp shades out of them? Create an object of art? Get another Duck to use them on?

Maybe a local motorcycle shop would buy them from you to put into their inventory.

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
Make mini lamp shades out of them? Create an object of art? Get another Duck to use them on?

Maybe a local motorcycle shop would buy them from you to put into their inventory.
Ho! Ho! :sidelaugh The Million Mile Lamp Shade! :ROFL Seriously, I can't believe that nobody would buy that for $10. I would if I owned a Ducati!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Make mini lamp shades out of them?
Now there's an idea! The light would probably shine through pretty well. :bag:

Get another Duck to use them on?
One of these would be pretty cool that they would work on,

Seriously, I can't believe that nobody would buy that for $10. I would if I owned a Ducati!
Me either!

These filters are actually not specific to motorcycles or any particular one application, they are universal. This is the same style of filter that comes with their CAI's. I've actually listed them on Craigslist under the auto section in hopes they might get more views there.

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
Oh yeah, I guess that is the same kind of filter used in those upgrade filter kits sold by K&N. Since those aren't that uncommon, I can't believe that nobody is interested.:dunno:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts