My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weatherman Says we are in for some serious storms.. Got some food, Water and candles.. I don't own a Generator, which shouldn't be an issue as We hardly ever lose power.

Actually going out to get some dinner.. So we Shall see how it pans out..

Chicago got hit pretty hard so I hear.. And Some of OH is in the "Warning" Zone..

We aren't in warning.. Only watch..

-Stan

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
BE CAREFUL KORI!!!!! They look bad!! God's protection my friend!! I am concerned for my cousin in your neck of the woods!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Stay safe man.

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
No problems here just some gusty winds and heavy bursts of rain and some small dead branches in the yard. My peak gust was 37mph. About 10 mile away a visual on a tornado was reported by a HAM operator. I imagine they will check any damage out tomorrow to see if it can be verified since it was dark out at the time tonight. Airport 6 mile away registered a 53 mph gust. That is flat ground out there around it so they always average 2-5mph above me most normal days. Up in Columbus 20 mile they had some airports registering in the 60-65mph peaks.

Firetruck left a little bit ago from the neighbors across the street. Listening to the scanner they apparently have a broken branch in the backyard touching the overhead lines as the wind blows. (Like they need anymore troubles to deal with. :^:)

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Folks in Washington, IL got hit really hard. :^:Seems hardly enough, but thoughts and prayers for them all.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I'm fine.. Lights didn't even flicker..

We got some rain, And high winds.. It took all the leaves off of the trees, But nothing else really.

Yeah Bruce, I heard about the folks in IL.. Whole town flattened or something.. Not good. :^:

-Stan

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Glad to hear you all are safe!

I heard about the storms this morning, crazy stuff.

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Kind of a weird time of year for these sort of storms. My daughter said one of her husband's cousins, who live near Washington, IL, had the windows blown out of their house by it.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
It rained here all day, I was mud ridding in the Honey Wagon all day :bag:

Reactions: Ericjr16

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Kind of a weird time of year for these sort of storms. My daughter said one of her husband's cousins, who live near Washington, IL, had the windows blown out of their house by it.
That's nuts!

It sounds like there's going to be some odd insurance claims out there.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Thank God your guys are ok. The storm came through early am here. Heavy rain/wind. I was asleep through whole thing! 89, can picture you bogging honey truck! ;)

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Yeah, it actually wasn't that much of a bad thing because we really needed the water around here.
We have more than enough of that to send your way. :ROFL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts