My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Gasoline containing ethanol is death to small engines, especially 2 cycle. I use premium non ethanol gas when mixing for 2 cycle fuel. I use regular non ethanol gas in my 4 cycle engines. There is a web site, Ethanol-free gas, that identifies gas stations that sell non ethanol gasoline. If that is not available for you, there are additives that you can mix with ethanol gasoline to counteract the ethanol. You will usually find it at small engine stores or most auto parts stores. I highly recommend using it if you do not have ethanol free gasoline. If you ever have to repair a 2 cycle engine that has been damaged by ethanol, you will gladly pay the price for the additive.
This is why we sell 40:1 two stroke fuel at sears for this very problem. Our file does not contain any alcohol in the mix.

· Registered
13 Posts
Stabil now makes a fuel Stabilizer that counteracts the ethanol in modern gas. It is a marine product, Stabil Blue. Goes a lot farther than Stabil red. I use it in my boats and all my small engines. So far so Good. No ethanol free gas here in the summer, Exxon sells it in regular during the winter months.
I would love to see how it counter acts that, not that I doubt you, I would like to see the the mechanics of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.