My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wonder what was delivered in the yard today????????????

·
Administrator
7,356 Posts
First zero turn for you guys? :)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
We are fixing it for my neighbor! I have NO idea what we are doing! LOL
He made a switch to replace the safety on one side so it acts like a anti theft. Then I forgot the e-brake was on! Got to figure out the weird back firing!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well we found the issue rather quickly! Tested spark on left bank, ok then right um NOT! Get heavy cover off back and take tins off to find a mouse nest with a dead buddy! The magnetos are very strange, 12v powered?? I remembered watching a Taryl video on this magneto set up and sure enough we did. It is replaced as they were an issue. I looked for replacement mag and can't buy it only a retro kit or replacement mag in that style. Today we search for correct set up. Meanwhile we rigged original one and got it running on both, been like this a while by steam and crap out of muffler! I made my own retrofit kit out of two single command mags and wired it myself to fire it, worked ok. The timing is different though so not correct, I could show neighbor issue with it!

Not easy to get on lift!

Stupid mice!

My retrofit kit. No cut wires as the owner wasn't around. Will get right set up for it. This was good as I can move it and run it on both cylinders.

Reactions: Mark / Ohio

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
This is a change of pace... I'm like you Eric. I know they are a big time saver, but I just don't have the yard for it.

That is night and day compared to the old way it was running, but when the little vermin do there dirty work on wires that's what you get. And you know too well the destruction that they cause!

Reactions: Ericjr16

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting. So, the parking brake only stops one wheel from turning?
Seems like it! Quite a difference for us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
7,356 Posts
That is one dirty machine! Luckily it's in both your hands.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well its back home with owner. We got the magnetos in early yesterday thanks to the fellow who owns the small engine shop I almost went to work for, had it in stock! Engine was running off as the single command magnetos are different pick up point, changing timing. Now it runs smooth! I detailed it quick as dad painted muffler. Go to test it out and here come neighbor! :( His daughter had her third child early morning so he was home to go see happy couple! SHOOT He caught me! I am trying to edit out where we were talking for his privacy! The machine works good and ran well now! Hope it works for years to come for him! Was a privilege to work on a zero finally!

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
A BIG smile on his face I'm sure! :)

I think you knocked this one out pretty fast! Way to go TEAM!

·
Administrator
7,356 Posts
Cool stuff! I'll bet it was nice to have a change of scenery. Nice detective work.

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Heard from your neighbor about how the mower is running? Or maybe not since it's purring like a kitten now...

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Heard from your neighbor about how the mower is running? Or maybe not since it's purring like a kitten now...
He gave dad money on top of parts. Dad didn't want it. Guy is very happy, mowing great now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: bwhitsonjr

·
Administrator
7,356 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Saw him at benefit breakfast at firehouse, he is the cook. Said how good it runs and was happy. Even though he been up all night running tanker. Kept his old job as part time driving fuel truck.

·
Administrator
7,356 Posts
Good deal!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts