My Lawnmower Forum banner

What is this part?

1570 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Mark / Ohio
I have a Craftsman YT3000 riding mower. I was mowing the other day, and found this part dangling underneath. It's basically a black bar with a 90 degree angle and a green spring on it. I've looked under the mower and read the manual, but I still can't figure out where it goes/what it does. I haven't noticed a difference in the mower, except maybe the mower apparatus seems a little lower (I have to mow on the highest position 6 to avoid cutting too short, whereas previously it was on position 5).
Any assistance would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.


See less See more
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Looks like a big enough part that it should be doing something useful under there. ;)

Only thing I know would be to enter your exact Sears XXX.XXXXX model number into Sears Parts Direct and look over the parts exploded views and see if anything looks like it in the pictures.
What doesn't work? That is the easy way to find out.
Thanks. I found out the part is a brake rod after discussions with a Sears technician.
Glad you found out what it is! I'm sure you've already thought of it, but while you're under there putting that rod back on, you might just want to check how everything else is holding up. might just want to check how everything else is holding up.
or like the previous issue.. not holding up and literally falling down. :D :sorry:
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.