My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, hey, let's play a little game of "What Is It?"

We all have some kind of mechanical device, tool, or contraption laying around that only you might know what it is. It might be out in the garage, in your tool box, down in the basement or in the junk drawer. Maybe it's one of those things that you use it every now and then, or maybe only once in a life time. One thing is for sure though, when you need it, you're glad you have it.

So here's how this will work. Post a picture of a weird or odd tool or what ever gizmo, that's a mechanical device that is used to perform some kind of function that makes a task, job, or just plain life easier. It doesn't even have to be something used for or on outdoor equipment. But don't say what it is. Then we'll all jump in and guess what it is, and what it does. When you offer up a picture of something in here for us to guess at, be sure to check back often, so you can tell us when somebody gets it right!

I suppose it would be O.K. to ask questions, and to give clues along the way if we're really stumped, but just don't come right out and ask What Is It for crying out loud, that would kind of spoil the idea of the game.

Ready? Let's get started.:cool

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Dang, you're good! That's correct! Give blueflame a cronut!

My local Honda dealer had never seen one of those before even though such a tool was recommended in the shop manual for the F200 Tiller.

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope, not even close. Doesn't have anything to do with butter. Here's another look at it.

Hey, let's resurrect the "Name That Part"!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Piston ring gap tool/file??

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope. Here's a couple of clues.

1. It is household and has nothing to do with outdoor equipment.

2. The crank turns those four rollers, and will only turn them one way.

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Cigar roller? What era?

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts
Bobbin winder?

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Nope. Keep guessing. I'll post another picture tomorrow.:cool

You guys get your "What Is It?" items ready to post.:2th:

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nope, nothing to do with smoking of any sort. Here's a clue. Think of close shaves.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Straight blade Shaver sharpener??
Ya killin me ;)

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You're getting close! Here's one last picture of it. This will give it away for sure.

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
I think it's a stropper for sharping double-edged safety razors used for shaving. The leather rollers are what give it away. Am I right? :^:

·
Administrator
7,693 Posts
I've never actually seen one before, but some kind of stropper would be the only thing that I could think of that would have rubbing leather rollers. I guess I got lucky! :sidelaugh:)

1 - 20 of 79 Posts