My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ret. Moderator
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current restoration has been gone at the welder for a long time now (beginning to think he lost it) . Not wanting to tear apart another mower I decided to practice a little on a spare deck I had ... this was in the summer , today I received my data plate decal to almost finish it off (need 1 data plate pin). The deck plate was rough and I did not smooth it out very well , but I did an awesome job on the deck !!! And NO.. I do not need mowers anon. :bag:

·
Premium Member
7,359 Posts
Nice work!!

I'm curious how you fixed up the plate so nicely? Those are one of the things in restorations that often get overlooked as people simply don't know how to get them looking new again. Can I send you mine?? :)

·
Ret. Moderator
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice work!!

I'm curious how you fixed up the plate so nicely? Those are one of the things in restorations that often get overlooked as people simply don't know how to get them looking new again. Can I send you mine?? :)
I have a secret decal maker ... he makes the decal , then you rub all the paint off the data plate .... (numbers are stamped so they wont rub off) ... then apply the new decal over top ... if you send me your plate , I am sure he can make the decal ... if he does not have one already , let me know.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
I have a secret decal maker ... he makes the decal , then you rub all the paint off the data plate .... (numbers are stamped so they wont rub off) ... then apply the new decal over top
Secrets of the trade! nice, so simple but very clever!

And NO.. I do not need mowers anon. :bag:
I'll put the chairs away for now, BTW its almost 8:00 PM

·
Ret. Moderator
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll put the chairs away for now, BTW its almost 8:00 PM
[/QUOTE]

Just because I paint Lawnboy decks when im bored and carry a binder with matted pictures of my commercial mowers ... and search the Us and Canada for commercial bricktops 4-5 times a day DOES NOT MAKE ME AN ADDICT or signifies any problems ..... :help:

·
Ret. Moderator
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
By the way , I do have another talent , if you post a picture of a screw or bolt off any older lawnboy , I can tell you where it goes .... I don't know all the tourqe specs yet though :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.