My Lawnmower Forum banner

401 - 408 of 408 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Going out to pull the deck and scrape it on the Sears mower. Need to get it clean before going out and cutting the grass between the pine seedlings in my wind break. Have a carb coming today for the Wheel Horse that has a tiller so that's another project. That carb has been messed up since I bought it, no idle and very hard starting. Looking forward to it running right. If I get ambitious I might pull the blade on the Murry push mower and sharpen it.
Then it's back to planting more Jack Pines in that wind break and dropping some sunflower seedlings into the garden.

·
Registered
106 Posts
got to take my four year old nephew for a ride on great grand pa's new John Deere E180. Didn't get to mow cuz it was sunday and all :D

Reactions: Kiss4aFrog

·
Registered
686 Posts
Was lucky to buy a parts machine for my Sears rider a couple weeks ago. Turned out I really needed it as I looked at a rear time on the one I mow with yesterday and was surprised to see a good sized crack in the sidewall. Checked the other side and it was even worse with what looks to be the "Slime" I added a year or two ago bubbling through the sidewall !! That Slime really works as they haven't lost any air but they sure look close to a total failure.
The rear tires on the parts machine were good so I swapped them over last night. Was so glad the parts machine had been in a shed as the wheels came off the axle pretty easy. I had to torch one of mine a couple times along with soaking it down with penetrating fluid last year to get it off the trans. :tango_face_sad:

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
A month or two ago I gave a woman at my church in need my John Deere JX75 and brought back her non-functioning Honda HRA 215. Well it functions, but the governor is jacked up. Runs up to full speed ungoverned. No bag, and no gear selector shaft & knob. Going to throw it on Craig's List and see if anyone wants it for $10.00 for parts or to fix themselves.

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Finally had a dry day to chop the hay field known as my lawn. We had about two weeks of thunderstorms almost every day. Now my lawn looks nice to bad my roof didn't hold up

·
Registered
1 Posts
Moved somewhat diverted with the LK and wound up cutting the entire patio! I had no expectations of doing the primary cut of the year in March, it ordinarily consistently occurs in April, however after I got it out it was running so well and was having a great time that I was unable to take care of it. Causes me to acknowledge the amount I love these old reel trimmers. I got to speculation how I wind up once in a while agonizing over what I would do in the event that anything basic broke on one of these however you know what, they were intended to be utilized and all things considered, the entirety of the fun really comes from utilizing them. CNC machines and machine shops are there on purpose.

401 - 408 of 408 Posts