I picked up a Honda HR215 from CL day before. It needed a throttle cable and clutch cable for the transmission, but I had both of those in my parts pile. I cleaned the carb, adjusted the cables, changed the oil and put a new spark plug on it and some fresh gas. Then I ran it out to the front yard and picked up some stray leaves with it. It's awfully dirty right now, but the clean up might have to wait until spring. This one might become the one I use and then I'll have the decks I need to put together my three versions of the HR214.
The John Deere is all cleaned up and pretty much ready to go. I'm waiting for one bolt for the BBC to come in today, then it will be done. Although, there was a spin on oil filter option for them. Hmmmm....
Here is the HR215 sitting next to the 14SB. Wonder who copied who?
Haven't polished it, just cleaned it up. I do need to go over the engine cover with something like Back to Black to get it looking better.
One of the members over on MTF, Y Block, says you can get the JD paint in spray cans and it applies nicely over the existing paint. Rhenning says he's used Rustoleum on his with good results. I might try one of those.
I still haven't decided what to do with this mower. I'd like to use it, but it still might go up for sale.
I'll have to take a look through the manual to see what it says for oil pressure.
Did a few different things. Took the shaft drive oil pan off of a Honda GXV120, and replaced it with a non-shaft drive one that I'll use to create my HR214PX with. I also replaced the camshaft as the shaft drive operates off of the cam.
Found a NOS grass bag for my 1980 HR17, so I put that on the bagger frame. I actually wore gloves while I did it so's not to get the new bag dirty.
Took a hydro transmission out of a HRM215 and put a two speed gear drive back in it, and switched out the handlebars and controls that go with them. I'm going to be giving the mower to my step son later, and I'll keep the hydro for another project that comes along later. Tomorrow I'll go over the whole thing to make sure the cables and engine rpm's are all adjusted to specs.