My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like a lot of folks, I was brought here by a problem. i.e. I can't afford to pay someone else to fix my stuff :D. I grew up working on cars, lawn mowers, the house etc. Right now I have a 33" Snapper Yard Cruiser & 21" Snapper self-prop. I re-engined the 21" several years ago with a 6hp B&S OHV after it becam apparent that the 4hp Wisconsin-Robin didn't have adeqeut power for mulching. That mower is somewhere in the 15 year old range. Currently I'm trying to get my Yard Cruiser put back together. Having some difficulty figuring out the carb linkage configuration. I took it apart several months ago and was finally able to buy a new carb last month. The old one had a crack in it. Somehow, I managed to lose one of the linkage rods and had to order a new one. I was a member of an old Suzuki m/c forum for several years and made some good friends as well as got tons of free help.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
That's great! :)

It's a wonderful thing isn't it when you join a community and meet new folks who you sometimes later on eventually consider to be a friend. It's a lot of fun finding other folks out there all over the country who share the same passion as you for the oddball hobbies that you don't hear about everyday. The knowledge that we can provide to help each other out is a great thing.

It sounds like you're working on some interesting projects, keep us updated on them! :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Appreciate the welcome. Soon as money loosens up I want to upgrade my membership. Can't afford one extra penny right now. Have a friend at work that has a lawnmower/tractor repair business on the side. He got me the new carb at his cost. Waited most of the summer to order it. Only had mow twice with the drought conditions here. My wife thinks I obscess about my lawn equipment because I thoroughly clean 'em after each use before I put em in the shed. My Yard Cruiser was given to me by my father-in-law because he was able to mow any more. Probably has less than 30 hours on it. The carb developed a crack necessitating it's replacement. I really appreciate the help. Happy New Year guys! :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I totally identify with cleaning the machine after use. I am blessed to own a Stihl leaf blower. Those things really simplify getting the dust and grass off the decks and out from the pulleys and belts. I re-grease spindles and king pins, and wipe the dude off. On my old Cub Cadet, I try to figure around 8 to 10 hours, on a 17 HP Kohler, and I dump the oil. It takes 2 Qts, I use Chevron Suprteme 10-30, it doesn't cost all that much, but I figure my motor will be around a long---long time. Good on you, you take care of your stuff.

·
Banned
3 Posts
I love the way we make new friends on forums
Welcome

1 - 7 of 7 Posts