My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody. I have a weedeater brand string trimmer that has been sitting up for a while. A few months ago I attempted to clean and rebuild the carburetor but that did not work out so I ended up buying a new carburetor recently and I just put it on yesterday.
After putting on the new carb I attempted to start the motor and I noticed that the trimmer head is turning with the pull cord. In other words when I pull the cord to start the motor, the trimmer head turns in response. Whenever I was taking a part and cleaning the old carburetor I also took the spring coil out as well as the throttle trigger to clean the inside of those. I’m wondering if I made a mistake putting it back together and that is why the trimmer head now turns whenever I pull the starter cord. I’m pretty sure this model does not have a clutch do I wouldn’t think the problem has anything to do with a clutch being engaged or not.
Any advice anyone could give would be much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hi everybody. I have a weedeater brand string trimmer that has been sitting up for a while. A few months ago I attempted to clean and rebuild the carburetor but that did not work out so I ended up buying a new carburetor recently and I just put it on yesterday.
After putting on the new carb I attempted to start the motor and I noticed that the trimmer head is turning with the pull cord. In other words when I pull the cord to start the motor, the trimmer head turns in response. Whenever I was taking a part and cleaning the old carburetor I also took the spring coil out as well as the throttle trigger to clean the inside of those. I’m wondering if I made a mistake putting it back together and that is why the trimmer head now turns whenever I pull the starter cord. I’m pretty sure this model does not have a clutch do I wouldn’t think the problem has anything to do with a clutch being engaged or not.
Any advice anyone could give would be much appreciated.
Welcome to MLF jholmes. Looking at the parts diagram on-line, your string trimmer is a basic machine with "no clutch" and the head will turn at all times.
Weed Eater Trimmer SST25CE Parts List (partselect.com)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to MLF jholmes. Looking at the parts diagram on-line, your string trimmer is a basic machine with "no clutch" and the head will turn at all times.
Weed Eater Trimmer SST25CE Parts List (partselect.com)
Hi Grunt. Thanks for the info. I appreciate your response. I'm brand new to the world of small engines so I'm definitely still learning some very basic stuff. After reading your reply, I googled "no clutch trimmers" and the results confirmed your info.
I am also having a separate issue with the carburetor. Whenever I press the primer bulb I am getting a lot of air bubbles in the fuel lines. It seems as though the carburetor is not sealed properly and I think this could be at the gaskets that came with the new carb. When I when I take off the carburetor and adjust the gaskets, I can usually get the motor to start and run fairly cleanly for about 10 seconds before it starts sputtering and then shuts off. Then when I go back to prime again there is air in the fuel lines again. I am referring to the gaskets that go at the front and back of the carb not any of the carb`s internal gaskets. Do you have any suggestions on how to seal everything up properly so that there is no air in the fuel lines?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have a weedeater brand string trimmer that has been sitting up for a while.
I have always found that "sitting for a while" = replace fuel line, pickup, primer bulb, gaskets and diaphragm. The kits are very cheap, usually under $10. Something like this:

Reactions: Mark / Ohio

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried a similar kit when i first started tinkering with it, although the kit I ordered did not include the carb repair parts (diaphram, needle, etc.). It came with replacement fuel lines, a new air filter, and new fuel filter.

Eventually, I ended up buying a new carburetor altogether. Here is a link to the one I ordered....Woxla C1U-W49B Carburetor. Now I'm trying to trouble shoot the new one

1 - 5 of 5 Posts