My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I didnt feel to good(some kind of stomach virus)The outside temp was 82 degree's . Today I feel better and would like to get outside and till the garden spot, the outside temp is 36 degree's.:sidelaugh this time of year is wierd!
I have part of the garden is tilled, the yard is mowed(2ed time) I have sprayed some weed killer in not mowable area's. I bought 40 bags of red and brown mulch, its stacked and waiting to be spread.
The important thing for next week is to rig out the boat and go to cricket creek mouth into the lake, the crappie fishing is about to begin. If a big Black wants to get in my boat then I will help him.

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
If a big Black wants to get in my boat then I will help him.
But only if he brings his own rod and reel.

I know what you mean about the weather. It's been as high as 72° here, but it feels like it's in the 30s with rain the last couple of days now, and they're talking about the possibility if snow flurries tonight! I did get some pre-emergence on the yard, and ran the mower just to pick up the stuff that I didn't get with a rake.

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Ooops, I was thinking of up north, and got my colors and species mixed up, I was picturing "browns" that are in the woods and have four legs.:bag: I must want to get back up there worse than I thought!

Yeah, I guess you would help as many into the boat as would care to join you.

·
Registered
552 Posts
39 here today, near 80 a couple of days ago! I'm painting my JD #50 cart today & starting more seeds in the greenhouse. We've have 2.6" of much needed rain in the past few days & supposed to get more within the next week, no drought buster, but at least it's raining! Yard hasn't been mowed yet, but will need it by the time it's dry enough.

I don't fish much anymore, but used to, sold my 6' x 12' pontoon a couple years ago, just didn't use it more than 2-3 times/year anymore. Used to take it out at least once/week all Summer! ~~ grnspot

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Sounds like you all have been experiencing some major temperature fluctuations!

I always say that when Seattle gets a nice day, it means that we're going to have to pay, big time. Two weekends ago we had 70 degree sunny weather both days which we have not seen anything close to since last summer. It was amazing to say the least. Starting last weekend we have had so much rain and wind (the kind that immediately blows your hood off) that we have almost broken the record rainfall for April since 1948 and we're not even half way through the month yet! This weekend is supposed to be more of the same with possible thunder showers on Saturday and chilly temps.

Simply put, Western Washington does not get spring. We we get 10 months of winter and two months of summer.

http://www.komonews.com/weather/blo...-Sea-Tac-history-201882301.html?m=y&smobile=y

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Its always t-shirt weather here :ThumbUp:

·
Administrator
6,228 Posts
Yesterday I didnt feel to good(some kind of stomach virus)...
I'm slowly returning to the living again after a bad round myself that started Wednesday night. :bag:

We went from 84°F on Wednesday to 46°F now. With winds gusting to 20 mph it is a tad brisk out there today.

·
Registered
552 Posts
3.35" of rain yesterday & overnight.

Creek is out, but not over the road --- yet!

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
That's definitely a lot rain.

Looks and sounds like a normal Seattle day.

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got 3/4 inch this morning, I just heard that we should exspect heavy rains tonight.
wow , 3.35 inches is to much for one rain fall. I hope you get some run off before that next rain.

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Don't know how much rain we've had here in the last couple of days, but my sump pump has been running every 30 seconds or so all night and day. Lots of folks have flooded basements in the area because the storm drain systems around here just couldn't handle the volume of water we've had and it backed up into homes. Davenport, IA was closing parts of their River Drive today because the Mississippi is getting over flood stage.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
We got some hail last night and get this, sleet this morning! Our deck was white when I got up.

·
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We got some hail last night and get this, sleet this morning! Our deck was white when I got up.
We went threw that same thing last Friday, three different spells of it. And RAIN, it was awesome! last year at this time ,all the ponds in the area were dry, by second week of June the fields were dry, all the farmers were selling off there cattle. We are still classified as in a drought but getting better each week. more rain on the way for the next 3 days.
:2th: talk about grass cutting seat time, about every three days its time to mow again!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts