My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For years I have been taking care of my lawn by mowing, seeding and using Roundup to target pesky dandelions and other weeds. Unfortunately, I’m losing the weed war so I thought I’d be smarter this year and use a different approach. I found a big bottle of Weednar 64 in the shed and mixed it .75 ounce per gallon to attack my weeds. I read on-line to use about one gallon of this per 1000 sq ft so I did my best and put it on the lawn. It’s been a few days and I’m seeing some curled up and discolored weeds. Not all weeds look affected but the grass looks healthy and that’s a good thing. I was worried about the grass because I was having trouble using only 1 gal per 1000 sq feet, I think some areas got a double dose.

Regardless, I don’t know when I should repeat the treatment and I don’t know if this Weednar 64 is the best stuff to use. I am hoping someone can answer these questions and possibly give me some advise about getting rid of weeds.

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Judy said that it depends on a lot of things. What sort of weeds you have, time of year, weather, all sorts of things. We've had good luck with products like Weed-B-Gon, and Scotts 4 step process.

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
I like most have always had good luck with Scotts Weed and Feed year after year. I like to stick with what works. :ThumbUp:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts