My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've always got my eye out for Vintage Jacobsen equipment.

Some of the pieces I'm watching for are:

Snow Blade for the Lawn King

Model 62A Riding Unit
Hat Font Art Illustration Poster

Snow Blitz 3016 or 30A16

Snow Jet 20"
Motor vehicle Wheel Font Tire Automotive exterior

Jevelin 26" riding mower
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

PM if you spot any.:2th:

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
I'll keep my eye out!

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
That '78 seems like a good price!

·
Premium Member
6,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool old '78.

I forgot to mention, the ones I'm watching for are all with Jake 2 strokes, except maybe the Javelin, and they're all early 60s. Since I passed my '49 Bantam and '52 Queen on to another collector, the '49 King is the only reel I kept. My other Jakes are early 60s., I'm looking to keep the collection in the same vintage.

·
Premium Member
6,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I attached some photos I copied from a 1961 Jacobsen brochure of the pieces I'm watching for to the original post.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
I looked at a Javelin @ a year ago, yes here in FL, but I could not find a piece on it that didn't have a rust hole through it. One of the few times that I did not buy something...
I did go down the road a bit and find a "Snappin Turtle" mower the same trip, so all was not lost. :p

·
Premium Member
6,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've got an eye on one of the Snow jets in the Green Bay area. If it's still there in a week or so, I may give them a call as I'll be going passed there on my way to IL.

A few years ago I ran across a Snow Blitz out in IA, but hemmed and hawed around and missed out on it.

I might stand just a good a chance of spotting Big Foot up here in 'da U.P. before I run across a snow blade, rider unit and Javelin. But hey, I keep looking for them all, including Big Foot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts