My Lawnmower Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've always got my eye out for Vintage Jacobsen equipment.

Some of the pieces I'm watching for are:

Snow Blade for the Lawn King

Model 62A Riding Unit
IMG_3983.jpg

Snow Blitz 3016 or 30A16

Snow Jet 20"
IMG_3982.jpg

Jevelin 26" riding mower
IMG_3981.jpg

PM if you spot any.:2th:

·
Administrator
7,356 Posts
I'll keep my eye out!

·
Administrator
7,356 Posts
That '78 seems like a good price!

·
Premium Member
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool old '78.

I forgot to mention, the ones I'm watching for are all with Jake 2 strokes, except maybe the Javelin, and they're all early 60s. Since I passed my '49 Bantam and '52 Queen on to another collector, the '49 King is the only reel I kept. My other Jakes are early 60s., I'm looking to keep the collection in the same vintage.

·
Premium Member
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I attached some photos I copied from a 1961 Jacobsen brochure of the pieces I'm watching for to the original post.

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
I looked at a Javelin @ a year ago, yes here in FL, but I could not find a piece on it that didn't have a rust hole through it. One of the few times that I did not buy something...
I did go down the road a bit and find a "Snappin Turtle" mower the same trip, so all was not lost. :p

·
Premium Member
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've got an eye on one of the Snow jets in the Green Bay area. If it's still there in a week or so, I may give them a call as I'll be going passed there on my way to IL.

A few years ago I ran across a Snow Blitz out in IA, but hemmed and hawed around and missed out on it.

I might stand just a good a chance of spotting Big Foot up here in 'da U.P. before I run across a snow blade, rider unit and Javelin. But hey, I keep looking for them all, including Big Foot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts