My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time starting a thread,

Neat old 2 cycle (maybe) on CL Atlanta. Sears, Lawnboy, Jacobson or whatever. I have had a few 4 cycle sears with this frame and they were great mowers. Who makes this 2 cycle?

Hope the 2 pic come thru.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
tring again from photobucket.
It's an older Craftsman.. But 2 Cycle? Not so sure.. That looks like an old Tecumseh to me..

However, The base is definitely a "Power Products"..

If It is a 2 Cycle (Which I doubt Based on the large "4" On the top cover plus other things) The engine would be made by RPM Iron Horse.. Which Is the company that became Lawn Boy..

-Stan

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Here are the pictures full size!

It's definitely not a 2 Stroke, It's most assuredly a Tecumseh Lauson engine.. I'd say about mid 60's vintage..

Quite a cool thing, But really that rare.. If it had been the 2 stroke variant.. It would have been really collectible..

Wow Bruce, That's some deal.. I wonder if someone down there want's to get that.. For themselves I mean!

-Stan

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,110 Posts
Hope so, I know I'd be out the door and behind the wheel of the truck after it if it were close by to me!

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Its been on the CL for 16 days. Its in downtown and I have to go that way next week might be good side trip.

·
Administrator
7,359 Posts
Its been on the CL for 16 days. Its in downtown and I have to go that way next week might be good side trip.
That's a neat little mower, hope it works out! :ThumbUp:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts