My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a ride on mower with tyres that will not hold pressure. I gather there are a number of different sealants for offroad vehicles like Lawnmowers and ATV's. Does anybody have any experience in using them? If so are they any good & which would you recommend? Thanks.

·
Registered
293 Posts
They don't work as well on lower pressure, lower speed tires. I recommend tubes. 35PSI is a good minimum, and I've had best results when I can drive/ride 50+ miles after treating the tires. Trailers and bicycles are great applications for tire sealants like Slime..

·
Registered
4 Posts
I use a product called Tireject in my 4 wheeler at 5 psi and my tractor at about 22 psi. Low psi is not an issue for tireject. I have not lost pressure in either going on 4 years now. Before that I had a flat tire every time I went to my farm from mostly honey locust thorns. TireJect
Here's another that's supposed to be pretty good but that's just hearsay as I haven't used it myself. https://multiseal.us/

·
Registered
4 Posts
I forgot I put tireject in my mower about 3 years ago and it has held up great. Low speed and low pressure is absolutely not an issue with tireject. Just follow the instructions and you will be good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts