My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, had this one for a while. It would not run after I had it going for a bit. Turned out a stupid mouse moved into lower dash area and chewed through the deck safety wire and grounded the solenoid and kill wire . I thought it was mag bad. Found a deck in junkyard for it, now trying to get it going for sale . The Green Craftsman was going to friends friend, but neighbor came last night and I gave it to him. Tem minutes later my friend finally called about it! ARGH! Waited a month!! :)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess my computer was the reason I could not download the manuals on this little guy. This morning worked fine! Got some pretty pictures to look at and now know what adjustments to make on the misc. things you can do with deck off! Also some deck adjustments, these simplicity's have a lot of adjustments! Those Duetz-Allis we did also had them, due to being repainted Simplicity's! :)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it mows and runs good thank God, I had water in tank from washing it out! LOL Didn't drain it good, dad cleaned carb,had some crap in it! We installed deck and tried it out, seem good. My neighbor came over with his Duetz we built him, he burned off deck belt. We told him to use this little guy, small version of his to test mow. It did great! :) Told my friend it is ready for them to buy!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:bump:
Glad we tried to mow with this little guy yesterday. The weather has been very strange, we are getting flash flooding in area due to training thunderstorms! I tarped this one up, but forgot to do neighbors Duetz! :(

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Yeah, Cool and damp here with not much rain... I really wish it would at least clime into the upper 70's or low 80's around here... You can't even swim in this weather, Which makes having a pool kind of useless.

On the subject of this thread, Very nice Eric! those Simplicity's are quite good I've heard.. Friends of ours have a "broadmoor" (I think) and It works great.

-Stan

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys! Gonna use it a little tomorrow to warm it up!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cleaned up the little guy. Want to sell it, but throttle cable is fighting us. It is too loose, moves down. We replaced rivet with bolt, but it comes loose fast. Thought we had it. I just parted out a Craftsman, its cable looks right to work.

Here is video of it running/mowing.

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I replaced the throttle cable today. Wasn't as easy as I thought. Had to drill new holes and die grind the mounting bracket to make room for throttle lever to move right. It works nice! I buffed it and painted the grill. Now to sell!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sold it today!! Thank God another out the door to a nice old man!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update, it is back! :(
Gentleman called me to say it would not move anymore. He brought it back to me tonight. I let him have the John Deere STX from my sister for a little more money than he already paid us. He seemed to like it more. Turns out I fixed the Simplicity in five minutes , the drive belt slipped off a tensioner pulley??
Thank God it was a easy fix!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just put it on lift, the belt guides were loose!? Let belt slip off. Also seems stretched out. Might get new one. Thank God it moves well now!

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
UPDATE! We installed a new drive belt and fixed guides. I sold it to a elderly man , friend of a customers. He was gonna pay my $200, I only took $100 from him, he traded a almost new but beat up Weedeater push mower. The oil looks like a 1/2 quart too high?? Guy seems a little mentally handicapped. He left mower bladesa on and moved over dirt/rocks in yard! Sparks flying, made us cringe! :(
Thank God should help the guy,that is all I wanted! :)

·
Premium Member
9,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
UPDATE! The older man hit a stump and killed it?! He is mentally challenged and guess mowed with deck low and at full speed in a rough yard? Guess he could quality test mowers? :( We went and got it yesterday. Belt was burned off. No damage!!?? We installed new belt and mowed the yard. The bet tension was to loose in highest position so we had to make mods to engagement arm, adjustment was broken. Works well and got a new lawn sweeper and push mower out of it!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts