My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope, that part of it has wires. I'm wondering if it's a groun wire that attaches to a bolt? The rubber on the wire is cleaner near the end, as if it was in a connector.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
manufactures stick to a wiring color code for consistency. Red 12v+ , black 12v - / ground, oranges ignition (maybe) yellow safety circuit (usually)
The length of the wire limits where it could be terminated. Th exposed wire may indicate that it was in a connector. What is the model and serial of the mower? I'll see if I can find a schematic.
Font Technology Electric blue Event Label

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It won't turn over at all. I installed a brand new battery and made sure it was charged. Everything else seems to be functional and in good working order. I just installed a new blade engagement cable, and that is definitely on correctly. I'm assuming it won't start because of this wire being disconnected. The light by the key doesn't even light up when I try to start it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't have one. But I'll give that a shot and let you know what I come up with. I'm hoping I can figure this out. Most people who work on these in my area are very busy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Look for a connector like the one shown with the red wire going to it but this connector will be missing the wire. the wire is not very long so it has to be close. Good luck
Thank you. I looked up underneath the frame where it looked like the wire was pointing and I couldn't see anything. I may have to tear apart the body panel to get a better look.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts