My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, New here and need advise. I bought a used troy bilt rider a couple of months back( First rider i've ever had) Been cutting grass once a week without a problem. Went out 2 days ago too start it. got on turned the switch and was making a clicking sound. Lights were working so knew the battery wasn't dead. Turned the switch a half dozen times and nothing.
Then i noticed the switch too engage the blades was out so i pushed it back in and now it doesn't make any sound. No lights, no clicking, nothing.
Took the battery to a parts store and it checked out fine.
So what did i do and what do i need too replace ? Did i fry a switch, blow a fuse etc. by having the blade switch engaged when i was trying too start it. My leg must of hit it when i climbed onto the seat.
I believe the mower is an early 1990's model. No owners manual......HELP !!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you can get me some model numbers or a picture I will start looking over the internet for info.

Also check your kill switches, I dont know much about troybilt but i know all mowers have them.

·
Administrator
6,234 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :)

Kind of sounds like you might have one of the main battery cables that went bad. (Perhaps the one large cable that goes to the starter.) Might have been a poor connection at first, then opened up completely after you wiggled it around pulling the battery out for testing. I suspect since you also have no lights the position of the blade switch was probably just coincidental to the other problems as it should not have broke anything by having it in the wrong position.

If you can find a tractor model and serial number on it we might be able to find a manual someplace on the internet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts