My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if this is the wrong place, Still kinda new here and this seemed like the best place to post it..

Anyway i finally got the Engine pulley off and im going to tractor supply hopefully next week and gettin a new (Bigger one) and i added 2 things to it as well

First i added a front bumper

i have to extend it forward so i can have it on when i put the Hood Assembly back on but thats the basic idea

and i had some old car horns laying around so i mounted them and plan on wiring them up 2mrrw

Next i gotta find someone with a welder so i can lock my Trans-Axle and im gonna have to figure out how to measure so i can get a belt that will fit my new Pulleys.... and ill also be adding a Gas pedal as well!!

ANYONE have any cheap suggestions on what else i should do to it???

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
A belt measurement trick is to route a rope along the pulley path and mark where they meet. Take it off and measure the rope and it should get you close to the right belt. You may want to buy a couple of belts in the size ranges and bring back the ones that don't fit.

Did you get some tires for it yet? ATV or AG style (Bar type)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was actually thinking about doing that with a rope and about the tires not yet but i have a friend with some old ATV tires that im gonna try to get from him if they fit my rims

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I forgot I also wired this up for when i get the hood Assembly back on as well
But i need 1 more LED bar to make it better

·
Registered
26 Posts
Havent been on for a while cuz i had to postpone my mudder mower but i did get a little farther on it today!!!

i Finally got my Stack pulley off with a **** load of PB Blaster + Torch and a 3 Jaw puller...

Needless to say that the pulley is not usable anymore lol...

and i got all my Switches and stuff wired up and it runs Nice and smooth..Also Un-Governed it and added a Gas pedal...

The pics are a little blurry (Sorry bout that)

And i did get some ATV tires but they were about 1/4" to big so when i can im gonna get online and buy some but im gonna find a pulley and belt belt before i get the tires.....

now i just need to find a 5"-6" Pulley for a 1" shaft but idk what size Key-way i have.. Anyway i can easily find out???

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Keyway on the crank should be the same size as the keyway in the pulley you took off, just remember you are measuring one half of the key. Make sure you put a little anti-seize on the output shaft before you put your new pulley on and you wont have a hard time taking it off next time around.

Thanks for the update and look forward to seeing it running. :2th:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my pulley didnt have a seperate Key-way.. it is actually part of the pulley for some reason ill post a pic in a few minutes

cuz i also just added a Idler pulley (from the old deck) to the top of the engine for a pull start in the situation that my battery is dead

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Heres what i mean by its part of the Pulley

And heres My ull start Rig-Up im gonna clean it up and make it look better 2mrrw

I got the idea from A GUY ON Youtube that ive been following for a while now named Fearlessfront Hes got some Pretty awesome Tractors and some Pretty Awesome Ideas!!!

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
Just to clarify, you want to know the size of the key way on the inside of your pulley assembly, the part that slides on your crank or the keyway that is on the out side of the pulley assembly? Isn't the pulley assembly all one piece? (welded) Can you just replace the whole pulley assembly or are you not wanting the whole thing?

·
Premium Member
6,109 Posts
Looks like it's coming along. That pulley you pulled off looks typical of the brand with the key built into it.

Are you wanting to replace that pulley with one just like it? Was that pulley you just pulled off used to power both the deck and transmission? If you're just going to be powering the transmission, I think you could just find a single pulley that has it's own key way, with a set screw, and get the job done. In fact, with different pulleys and probably different belts, you could change up the ratios for speed or pulling capabilities.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im looking for a Single pulley just for the Transmission... I already scrapped the deck and have no use for a stack pulley...

and Five points about your question im looking for a 5-6" pulley for a 1" shaft with the same size Key way my Shaft has but im not sure how to measure it to see what size it is

·
Premium Member
5,898 Posts
If you have time on your side take your stacked pulley with you to a mower shop that may have a parts yard behind their building that they might let you look through or they may be able to match it up with something that your looking for with something that they have in stock.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well after a long finacial battle with lawers and such. Im back!!!! I got her painted and dropped the tranny. Gonna get it welded and lock it up soon then I gotta find out why my tensioner is getting caught. But here's what it looks like as of now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts