My Lawnmower Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a troy bilt 21" 6.75hp mower from a large retailer about 5yrs ago. it worked great after the first year. Each year I have owned it i have done the seasonal maintainence (spark plug, air filter, fogged for storage, and oil changes) however every year it will not run. My neighbor (who has now moved) use to work for a lawn mower repair shop and just fixed it for me. but i need to know what i need to do. It will not start. I have removed the bowl from the carb and cleaned it. I have taken the carb off the mower and cleaned it with carb cleaner. It ran for about 30 min without a problem and then it will not start again.

Anyone have any ideas or have this same problem? Please help, i am tired of borrowing mowers and cant spend money to get a new one.

·
Administrator
6,234 Posts
Maybe some dirt in the gas tank plugging the fuel line? Also might check for a plugged gas cap vent. :confused:

I have essentially the same engine on a Toro Super Recycler that is nearly 10 years old. I've never had it fail to start for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I use seafoam already. Concerning the fuel flow. I have removed the fuel line to find that there is good flow, and have also checked the float in the carb. Both are allowing free flow of gas.

I am thinking about just setting this thing ablaze because it is really ticking me off...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts