Mylawnmowerforum.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Honda HRX217HYA that has been working great for me for the past few years. I somehow hit an unused guy wire anchor and suspect the blade and crank are bent. The mower vibrates like crazy even with the blade disengaged. Here are the numbers I've found on the mower:

Model #: HRX2173HYA
UPC barcode: 7 86102 00222 6
Serial #: MAGA 2055643
Engine Serial #: GJAAA 2592739 MX2*
186cm3

I can't seem to find a parts list for a GJAAA that is also a type MX2. I see there are a number of different crankshaft output shafts, so can anyone shed any light on which part I need?
Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
You should be able to verify the part # at any dealer. Don't know why the shaft length could be different among GCV190 engines destined for mowers with hydrostatic drive, unless Honda additionally altered the cutter deck somehow during the K3 production.

Here is Honda's parts page for the K3 (3rd iteration) of the HRX217 (aka 2173) with hydrostatic trans (HYA):

Honda Power Equipment - Parts Look Up - Official Site

I also have that same machine.

Given that, this is the crank I'd buy: [edit] freakin' javascript doesn't actually resolve to a new link

crank: 13310-Z0Y-640
corresponding thrust washer: the one they list is for mowers AFTER yours (and mine). Go figure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much. I was trying to search based on engine serial number and not finding an exact match.

Also, bonus points for me, I just learned what a thermowax choke actuator is. It's been about 30 years since I was a small engine mechanic, and I had never seen anything like the brass piece that fell out of the motor housing before.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Need help with engine / crank specs for HRX2174HYA

This mower was bought new at Home Depot about 7 years ago. I can't find the model or engine number on any of Honda's sites.

My engine SN is GRAAA-2743574 MX2* Can someone tell me what shaft diameter, length and type this has?. I also need to know if it needs a flywheel brake.

I plan to just order a new engine but have to get this straight first. Northern Tool sells a GSV190 (upgraded - with N1 7/8" by 3&5/32" shaft) and a GCV190 (N3/S3 25mm shaft). Here are the links... trying to figure out if one of these will work and Honda is no help!
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200632766_200632766
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200656883_200656883

if not, I still need to know which engine to order a new crank and seals...

THANK YOU!

I have a Honda HRX217HYA that has been working great for me for the past few years. I somehow hit an unused guy wire anchor and suspect the blade and crank are bent. The mower vibrates like crazy even with the blade disengaged. Here are the numbers I've found on the mower:

Model #: HRX2173HYA
UPC barcode: 7 86102 00222 6
Serial #: MAGA 2055643
Engine Serial #: GJAAA 2592739 MX2*
186cm3

I can't seem to find a parts list for a GJAAA that is also a type MX2. I see there are a number of different crankshaft output shafts, so can anyone shed any light on which part I need?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oh, had the same issue as the original post - hit a pipe in neighbors yard that bent blade and crank... I'd just as soon replace the whole engine if I can find the right one! Honda can't seem to find the model, engine or mower numbers in their systems... maybe because it was sold through Home Depot (sigh)

·
Registered
114 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts